- CONTENT OF DIGITAL PROJECT FILE
The digital file containing the 4 designs should be prepared to meet the following technical requirements.
- The designs should be inspired by one of the proposed themes. Fabric designs should be addressed to outfits and be applicable to industrial production. Please be aware that these 4 fabric designs will be combined by a Turkish Designer to form a mini fashion collection.
- The contestant should describe the production techniques that will apply to their designs in the stage of fabric production that will be done by leading textile companies in Turkey. The allowed production technics are weaving, knitting, printing and spunlace. Please don’t forget to indicate the technic you prefer for each of your design. The contestant may prefer max 2 technics.
- The designs should be untraded orginal works and should be industrially producible and applicable to the nature in Turkey.
- The digital file should contain moodboard ,the high-resolution images of the 4 textile designs and details about the yarn type to be used such as the yarn expansion, fiber content range, sources of procurement, dye. Please indicate the material of the fabric such as cotton, silk, wool etc. related to your designs.
- Only one or more yarn types can be prefered for your designs. Don’t forget to indicate the material you used in each of your design.
- The digital file, must include the project title, theme, and the detailed description of the 4 fabric designs with the production technics and the material of the fabric. The description should be maximum 5000 words.
- There should be no personal data (i.e. name, surname, address etc.) on anywhere of the application file (i.e. moodboard, sample, technical details etc.). A seperate document of curriculum vitae should be uploaded to the system.
- The 20 finalists should send the samples of their fabrics in one of the following dimensions 20x20 or 40x40 or 50x50 cm. Please send them to ITKIB General Secretariat address no later than 1 July 2019 You can ask a collect courier and the cost will be covered by ITHIB.
- The designers shall be evaluated with respect to the following criteria:
- The designer’s creativity
- Originality and novelty of the design
- Suitability for improvement and applicability of the techniques used for the fabric design
- Selection of materials and material – design compatibility
- Properties that enhance the fabric’s added value and technical characteristics
- PROPERTIES OF DIGITAL PROJECT FILE
- The digital file should be maximum 50 MB in size.
- The 4 images can be photos, scans, computer drawings or colored hand drawings.
- The contents of the digital file should be created and uploaded as ‘pdf’ or ‘MS Powerpoint’ as a unique document.
ITKIB General Secretariat
Textile – Leather - Carpet Fairs Department
Çoban Çeşme Mevkii Sanayii Cad. Dış Ticaret Kompleksi B Blok PK: 34196
Yenibosna - Bahcelievler / Istanbul / TURKEY
Selin DERELİ / +90 212 454 0266
Salih DİNER / +90 212 454 0344