14TH ISTANBUL İTHİB INTERNATIONAL FABRIC DESIGN CONTEST 2019
I. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION AND APPLICATION
A. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
The candidates who will participate in the contest must have the following conditions:
- Not being over the age of 35 as of 1/1/2019. (Those born after 1/1/1984)
- The applicants must be a college, university or design academy student or graduate. The contest is also open to textile professionals.
- Not being an employee of Istanbul Textile and Apparel Exporters' Associations (ITKIB) General Secretariat or first-degree relative of those employees.
- Not being ranked in top 3 finalists of Fabric Design Contests previously organized by ITHIB - Istanbul Textile and Raw Materials Exporters' Association.(Students of formal education at university who did not deserve the first prize in the Fabric Design Competitions previously organized by ITHIB - Istanbul Textile and Raw Materials Exporters' Association, have the right to apply 3 more times while they continue their formal education at university )
B. DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
The designs to be presented to the contest must have the following conditions:
- 4 different fabric designs in conformity with contest theme and technical requirements
- The designs should not be subject of commerce, should be industrially producible and should have applicable characteristics.
- Application should be made through http://www.kumastasarimyarismasi.org/en/home until Monday 10th June 2019 by application file (please see the technical requirements for details of application file)
- Application should be made with PDF or MS Powerpoint file.
- There should be no personal data (i.e. name, surname, address etc.) on anywhere of the application file (i.e. moodboard, sample, technical details etc.). A seperate document of curriculum vitae should be uploaded to the system.
- Along with design, technical details and moodboard should be submitted in the application.
II. CONTEST STAGES
A. FIRST EVALUATION
The preliminary jury will evaluate the online submitted digital project on Thursday 13th June 2019. The names and details of the candidates will remain confidential. The 20 finalists who will be selected to the second stage will be announced at http://www.kumastasarimyarismasi.org/en/home
B. SAMPLE PRODUCTION STAGE for 20 FINALISTS
The 20 finalists will be asked to produce the physical samples of their fabric designs in one of the following dimensions: 20x20 cm or 40x40 cm or 50x50 cm. The samples should be delivered by ITKIB General Secretariat no later than 1st July 2019 by hand or through a courier. The candidate may ask a private courier to collect the delivery, the cost will be covered by ITHIB.
C. SECOND EVALUATION
The jury will evalutate the physical samples on Thursday 4th July 2019. During this phase, the candidates will present their designs to the jury verbally. The presentation can be online if requested.
The jury will select the 10 finalists who will take part in the fashion show. Results will be announced on the contest internet site the same day.
D. PRODUCTION STAGE for 10 FINALISTS
The 10 finalists’ designs will be industrially produced by the support of producers that will be determined by ITHIB. Candidates may collaborate with procedures. In this case, cost of travel and accommodation will be covered by ITHIB. A Turkish fashion designer will create a capsule fashion collection for each finalist for the fashion show at the final night before the award ceremony.
E. FINAL EVALUATION:
The final of the contest will be held on 19 October 2019. The capsule fashion collections of the 10 finalists will be initially shown to final jury with a special pre-presentation. The winners will be announced by jury the same day after a glamorous fashion show. The fashion show will host special guests and media in Istanbul. Accomodation and round trip expenses of the 10 finalists related to the attendance to the fashion show will be covered by the organizers.
A. MONETARY AWARD
The first contestant will be given monetary award of Euro 8.500, the second Euro 4.250 and the third Euro 2.125. Monetary awards will be paid to the winners within one month following the announcement.
B. OTHER AWARDS
Top three finalists will have the opportunity of a visit to Première Vision Paris February 2020 and 6-months foreign language education.
NOTE: In order to spread design and innovation culture and ensure more designers to benefit from the goverment support given with the same cause; a designer who ranked 1st at any category in the contest organized by an association, even if designer ranked 1st at the contest of a different association and same sector for two years, will not benefit from any prize of 14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019.
C. CONTEST SPECIAL AWARDS (TURKISH CITIZIENSHIP ONLY)
Turkish finalists that will be selected by Ministry of Economy according to official criterias, will be provided with the right of education abroad at an institute of education related to design to be determined by ITHIB. The student should provide 90% attendance and success condition.
IV. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS
The candidates accepted to the final stage, declare and undertake in advance that they own intellectual property rights and any royalty, brand and license rights of designs presented to the contest. They also consent to the utilization of such designs by ITHIB including publication and duplication for one year without demanding any condition or costs.
The finalists may not make any claim to ITHIB after the contest other than the awards to be granted.
Designs already published anywhere or owned by any person or organization will not be considered.
Further, each contestant declares that the work submitted to the contest belongs to himself/herself, such design was not rewarded or displayed at any other contest previously, they were not used previously in a professional sense in any manner, and that the necessary features are specified in accordance with specifications. He/She undertakes that the project is owned by him/her and totally authentic, he/she did not used it commercially In the event otherwise is proven, award will be retrieved if the design got an award and ITHIB will be entitled to indemnify by recourse loss and damages incurred.
ITHIB reserves itself the right to make any change he deems necessary to the specified awards, contest calendar, members of the jury and all and any other contest principle or conditions.
V. ORGANIZER OBLIGATIONS
14th Istanbul International Fabric Design Contest 2019 is organized by Istanbul Textile and Raw Materials Exporters' Association. Materials submitted to ITHIB by candidates during the application may be returned based on request of candidates; materials not taken back within 1 year from the organization of the final night may be destroyed by the Association.
Organization Secretariat is performed by ITKIB General Secretariat. The secretariat may be contacted by using the following contact information.
ITKIB General Secretariat
Textile-Leather-Carpet Fairs Department
Çoban Çeşme Mevkii Sanayii Cad. Dış Ticaret Kompleksi B Blok PK: 34196
Yenibosna - Bahcelievler / Istanbul / TURKEY
Selin DERELİ / +90 212 454 0266
Salih DİNER / +90 212 454 0344